Career and Professional Development are areas where interpreters need to focus, regardless of skill level.
Empowering the interpreter to manage his or her career, physical and mental well-being is a cornerstone of AIM's working philosophy.
AIM helps you
- Discover what you want and need
- Design your own plan to achieve the goals you set
- Determine the next step in your career.
- Decide when you are ready to take the certification test you want to take.
AIM advises interpreters on a variety of topics including:
- How to Dress for Success
- How to Assess Your Skill Level
- How to Choose a Mentor
- How to Behave in Highly Charged Situations
- What is Vicarious Trauma, How do you Minimize It?
…and many, many more!
We faithfully adhere to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct, and teach other interpreters to embrace and follow these professional guidelines.
Contact us to tailor a program of support and guidance for you.